Caviar is for Lovers …….
Do you remember the first time you had caviar?
You’d heard so much about it, this mysterious luxury: tiny black pearls so exquisite in flavor and texture that aristocrats paid through the nose for just a dollop. Then you tasted it. And there it was: salty and fishy, a little black mound on a flat little pancake. You thought to yourself this is it? It takes those second and third and fourth bites to get it. Then is like Woah where have you been all my life?
The popularity of caviar is having a culinary resurrection of sorts. Here are a few facts about those tiny pearls:
1. Caviar is one of the oldest delicacies before Champagne and raw oysters.
2. Caviar is not as expensive as you think as prices have decreased in recent years as well as advances in aquaculture.
3. The Salmon roe on your sushi is not caviar.
4. Caviar is cured fish and has a decent shelf life.
5. Caviar is audible when in the packing process is sounds like a cat’s purr.
6. Caviar can be sustainable.
7. Blini is not the end all be all. Caviar is showing up on all places of the menu from Pizza to Burgers.
8. Caviar historically was prescribed to alleviate depression.